Aerostich

Love it or hate it! Let us know.
pinkflamingo

Re: Aerostich

Post by pinkflamingo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 am

I'm interested Dan. Will talk at the rally. If you could bring it for me to try on that would be great.
Karen R

06wrx

Post by 06wrx » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:00 pm

I'll only be there Friday night for a bit. I'm leaving on vacation Saturday morning. Can bring it with me.
Dan Devlin
2017 F800GSA
2012 Yamaha FZ8
2001 Suzuki DRZ400S

pinkflamingo

Post by pinkflamingo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Thanks to everyone for their input. I bought Dan Devlin's Aerostich on Friday of our rally. I have about 1,200 Miles on it so far and here are my impressions: I really like it! It is stiff, but wearing it a lot is working it in. Originally I had the collar turned down which resulted in preasure against my helmet and a "pain in the neck." After a few hundred miles I unwrapped the collar which released the pressure. A few hundred more miles and I realized the center snap was still engaged! User error rather than a design issue. After I unwrapped all the collar snaps my neck issues were gone. The venting system works well for me. OK for temps up to 83. After that I sweat a bit but that's no different from my Olympia 2 piece. I like the placement of the armor. I like that Dan added back armor, but that results in me modifying my riding position because the seat of the Goldwing raises a bit for the passenger and the armor sits on top of that. I'll adjust. I like the length of the sleeves and pant legs (Dan is 6'1" and I'm 5'10" so I was worried). It takes a bit of effort to get in (not 15 seconds like Ron). I have only tested it in very light rain but Dan rode with it in regular rain and found no issues. Restroom visits require me to take it off. All of that being said, I feel a sense of heightened safety when I wear it. It is becoming more supple as I wear it. I'm happy I have it!!! :clap
Karen R