Gathering of Clans, 6/7-9/19

Shows, Races, Etc.

Moderator: mogu83

Gathering of Clans, 6/7-9/19

Postby Leszman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:02 pm

I'd like to remind everyone planning on attending the MOA National that VA. Airmarshal Charlie Smith is holding the 27th annual Gathering of Clans rally at Buzzard Brent's High Country Cycle Camp between North Wilksboro, and Boone NC off Rt. 421. (765 Stoney Fork Rd. Ferguson,NC. 28624) No Pre reg. Open to all bikes and like minded laid back riders Just show up with $45. in hand. Includes camping, 2 meals Fri & Sat. and usually a breakfast on Sat am. Liquid refreshment has also been known to appear before Fri and Sat night dinner, but bring your own just in case. If you can sneak this one in on your way to the National you won't regret it. I'v been at least 6 times and Bill Charlton also. This will give you 3 days to explore the Blue Ridge on your way over to the MOA the following week. (13th-16th). It's 16 miles off of 421 to the campground so get supplies in Boone or N. Wilksboro en route. Molly and I like to slip over to Winchester, Va and grab I-81 down to Scheetz in Staunton, Rt250, fuel up and ride under I-81 to Mrs. Rowe's restaurant for a delicious chicken dinner/lunch. Then I-64 up to the Parkway, stop at the first visitors center for a Map and restrooms and let the fun begin. Stop at the Mountain Music Center, shortly after crossing I-79 if it is open and listen to some great picken by some local country folk musicians, think Bluegrass. Follow the BMW roundels from Rt 421 and you'll get there. If you get lost or need info call Brent Hollowell @ High Country Cycle Camp 336-973-3911. Many of you oldsters will remember this was formerly Turkey Tom's old campground. Brent has rebuilt the house on property, upgraded the entrance driveway, (now RV accessible ) built cabins, and totally remodeled the shower/washrooms. Hope to see you there.
Les & Molly
Leszman

Re: Gathering of Clans, 6/7-9/19

Postby Ron_Ces » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:08 pm

Awesome info, Les. I am sure some will take advantage of the proximity on the way over to MOA.
Ron
Aging Hacker :: Warranty Voider
I need to do more :rider and less :type

BMW R1150GS ADV
BMW R1150RT
Honda Pacific Coast (Nerd-Mobile)
Gone, but not forgotten-Suzuki TS-100, Suzuki RM125 (2), Yamaha Virago, Honda V45 Sabre (2), Yamaha Vision, BMW R1100RSL, Yamaha XT-600, KTM 300EX, Kymco Scooter
Ron_Ces

Re: Gathering of Clans, 6/7-9/19

Postby bcharlton » Fri May 03, 2019 7:59 pm

This rally is on my calendar again for 2019. Nice campground,interesting roads and things to do in the area.
bcharlton

Return to Events