App to stream F1, MotoGP, WSB, AMA, etc

Q&A About Everything Except Motorcycles

App to stream F1, MotoGP, WSB, AMA, etc

Postby Ron_Ces » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:51 pm

It looks like Formula 1 is going to an all streaming model moving forward. Mike Fusco mentioned he purchased a streaming app with cloud storage. What is everyone else using? Australia is right around the corner.
Ron
Aging Hacker :: Warranty Voider
I need to do more :rider and less :type

BMW R1150GS ADV
BMW R1150RT
Honda Pacific Coast (Nerd-Mobile)
Gone, but not forgotten-Suzuki TS-100, Suzuki RM125 (2), Yamaha Virago, Honda V45 Sabre (2), Yamaha Vision, BMW R1100RSL, Yamaha XT-600, KTM 300EX, Kymco Scooter
Ron_Ces

Re: App to stream F1, MotoGP, WSB, AMA, etc

Postby mikefmoto » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Yes, FUBU sports. Just sign up online, you can watch just about all sports on any device, including streaming devices, like ROKU. It has a built in DVR, everything is stored in the cloud so you can access your recordings anywhere. All HD. I record all of the races.

Comcast pissed me off last year by not having BEIN sports in HD, then dropping the channel.

It's how I get my MotoGP, Moto America and wsbk fix.

There's a monthly charge but its not expensive. You can watch most of the regular cable channels, too. I was just going to pay during the Motogp season but I find myself watching football, too.
====================
Current Stable:
'14 BMW R1200RT
'08 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
'96 BMW R850R
'79 BMW R65
mikefmoto

Postby Ron_Ces » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:10 am

mikefmoto wrote:Yes, FUBU sports. Just sign up online, you can watch just about all sports on any device, including streaming devices, like ROKU. It has a built in DVR, everything is stored in the cloud so you can access your recordings anywhere. All HD. I record all of the races.

Comcast pissed me off last year by not having BEIN sports in HD, then dropping the channel.

There's a monthly charge but its not expensive. You can watch most of the regular cable channels, too. I was just going to pay during the Motogp season but I find myself watching football, too.

Mike, do they stream SKY Sports? That is who covers Formula 1
Ron
Aging Hacker :: Warranty Voider
I need to do more :rider and less :type

BMW R1150GS ADV
BMW R1150RT
Honda Pacific Coast (Nerd-Mobile)
Gone, but not forgotten-Suzuki TS-100, Suzuki RM125 (2), Yamaha Virago, Honda V45 Sabre (2), Yamaha Vision, BMW R1100RSL, Yamaha XT-600, KTM 300EX, Kymco Scooter
Ron_Ces

Postby TomW » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:30 am

This is great information. I've been looking for an alternative after Comcast dropped BEIN. I don't watch any other spots except motorcycle racing but had subscribed to the sports package just for BEIN. I missed most of 2018 MotoGP, WSBike.

Just so I am clear, if I subscribe to FUBU sports I can stream from my MacBook or iPad to my Smart TV in HD and it has DVR? I think I even have an Amazon Fire around somewhere. Edit: I just saw some Firestick/FUBU reviews and that combination wasn't very good.

I'll check the app.
Thanks.
Tom
"If you’re going to do something dangerous, you’d better do it as safely as you can!"
TomW

Postby mikefmoto » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:07 am

Ron_Ces wrote:
mikefmoto wrote:Yes, FUBU sports. Just sign up online, you can watch just about all sports on any device, including streaming devices, like ROKU. It has a built in DVR, everything is stored in the cloud so you can access your recordings anywhere. All HD. I record all of the races.

Mike, do they stream SKY Sports? That is who covers Formula 1
Ron

Ron, Yes, they cover F1.

I incorrectly typed the name, It's FUBO.tv. NOT FUBU.
====================
Current Stable:
'14 BMW R1200RT
'08 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
'96 BMW R850R
'79 BMW R65
mikefmoto

Postby mikefmoto » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:16 am

TomW wrote:This is great information. I've been looking for an alternative after Comcast dropped BEIN. I don't watch any other spots except motorcycle racing but had subscribed to the sports package just for BEIN. I missed most of 2018 MotoGP, WSBike.

Just so I am clear, if I subscribe to FUBU sports I can stream from my MacBook or iPad to my Smart TV in HD and it has DVR? I think I even have an Amazon Fire around somewhere. Edit: I just saw some Firestick/FUBU reviews and that combination wasn't very good.

I'll check the app.
Thanks.
Tom

Yes to all. I use Roku and it works great. I can't speak for Amazon Fire. Since it's Web-based, you can watch on any net-connected device with the Fubo app. What I like is that I can log in from anywhere and schedule recordings that I forgot to schedule.

I'm not crazy about the way the schedule is presented on the Roku app (I assume it's the same app for Amazon), it's not that intuitive when finding the races, they only seem to schedule two weeks ahead, but you get used to it. I chalked it up to growing pains being a new service. But, if I log into the Fubo website under my account, the schedule is a bit better. I had no complaints because I didn't miss any of my racing this year AND it's in HD. I hated that Comcast didn't transmit BEIN in HD but the top corner of the screen had the HD symbol; drove me nuts.

Mike
====================
Current Stable:
'14 BMW R1200RT
'08 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
'96 BMW R850R
'79 BMW R65
mikefmoto

Postby TomW » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 am

I was looking for alternatives to seeing the MotoGP races this weekend. I see there are three separate Roku packages. Does it auto renew or can you cancel if its not working out?

I will probably stream it through my MacBook or iPad to the TV to if there's a Playstation app that will be the most convenient for my set up.
"If you’re going to do something dangerous, you’d better do it as safely as you can!"
TomW

Return to Out In The Garage