Aerostich

Love it or hate it! Let us know.
pinkflamingo

Aerostich

Post by pinkflamingo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 am

After talking with Mike Fusco I'm seriously considering upgrading to an Aerostich 1 piece suit. I'd like to get opinions from those who wear one. How are they in the heat? Rain? I read they have an opening for a heated gear cord. How are they in the winter? Does anyone know of an upcoming sale and measurement event?
Karen R

herb_dyer

Re: Aerostich

Post by herb_dyer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Follow Aerostitch on Facebook for a pop up store event announcement.
The last one in South Jersey was in Oct 2018.
unless you plan on visiting Diluth MN soon!

(one look at the "pre-owned" suit prices on ebay will tell how well made they are.)

When I am gone with the next 60 lbs, my present from me to me will be a new 'stich'.
One never sees a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office.

Ron_Ces

Post by Ron_Ces » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:14 pm

pinkflamingo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 am
After talking with Mike Fusco I'm seriously considering upgrading to an Aerostich 1 piece suit. I'd like to get opinions from those who wear one. How are they in the heat? Rain? I read they have an opening for a heated gear cord. How are they in the winter? Does anyone know of an upcoming sale and measurement event?
Karen, consider buying one used to see if you like. I am on my third 'Stich. One piece.
Heated gear underneath is no problem, venting is an issue if you buy it too small. You can wear short pants and a t-shirt underneath and shed your skin when arriving at your destination.
YMMV
Ron
Aging Hacker :: Warranty Voider
I need to do more :rider and less :type

BMW R1150GS ADV
BMW R1150RT
Honda Pacific Coast (Nerd-Mobile)
Gone, but not forgotten-Suzuki TS-100, Suzuki RM125 (2), Yamaha Virago, Honda V45 Sabre (2), Yamaha Vision, BMW R1100RSL, Yamaha XT-600, KTM 300EX, Kymco Scooter

w2ge

Post by w2ge » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Great in the rain... little bit of a pain getting in an out of but no biggie. Incredible quality. Tbh I don’t think it’s sny hotter than anything else I have... and I have a garage full.

Yes, hidden waterproof hole to feed in to your heated gear. Pockets out the wazoo.

Real quality!
Phil Levin, current “Da’ Prez”
2010 R1200RT
2016 Aprilia Caponord RALLY
iPhone7+>ZUMO 396 >SENA 10C (BT/VIDEO CAM)

pinkflamingo

Post by pinkflamingo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Thanks!
Karen R

Ron_Ces

Post by Ron_Ces » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:57 pm

w2ge wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 pm
Great in the rain... little bit of a pain getting in an out of
Phil, as the reigning champion I can say that I can get in or out of my ‘Stich in under 5 seconds.
03788382-5370-4A39-AC02-D22A07CEF2F9.jpeg
Ron
Aging Hacker :: Warranty Voider
I need to do more :rider and less :type

BMW R1150GS ADV
BMW R1150RT
Honda Pacific Coast (Nerd-Mobile)
Gone, but not forgotten-Suzuki TS-100, Suzuki RM125 (2), Yamaha Virago, Honda V45 Sabre (2), Yamaha Vision, BMW R1100RSL, Yamaha XT-600, KTM 300EX, Kymco Scooter

pinkflamingo

Post by pinkflamingo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:28 am

I found Aerostich on Facebook but I don't know what to click to "follow". I need some technical (albeit remedial) assistance :roll:
Karen R

Doug Evans

Post by Doug Evans » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 am

Karen,
I’m on my second one. Bought a two piece the first time.
Loved it. When I lost a bunch of weight it became akin to a circus tent, so bought a one piece. The ONLY complaint I have with the one piece? When trying to start the main zipper, I sometimes have a hard time getting the teeth to a point where they mesh well and then can be operated.
It’s a visual thing. The bifocals give a distorted view. If the zipper started downward about two inches, it would be better for me. My take. YMMV

mikefmoto

Post by mikefmoto » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:47 am

w2ge wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 pm
Great in the rain... little bit of a pain getting in an out of but no biggie. Incredible quality. Tbh I don’t think it’s sny hotter than anything else I have... and I have a garage full.

Yes, hidden waterproof hole to feed in to your heated gear. Pockets out the wazoo.

Real quality!
I agree with Phil regarding riding in the heat, that was my concern. I spent a week in Kentucky riding in 90deg weather and actually thought it was a bit cooler than my mesh gear. I have a one piece mesh Tourmaster suit (no longer made) along with lots of other mesh gear and the Stitch feels cooler because it reflects radiation from the sun and with all of the flaps open, the air flows and evaporates sweat, which makes it feel cool. Sometimes, I would get chills after we stopped from my sweat evaporating (maybe I was on the edge of heat stroke. Haha! I was still sweating, so no heat stroke). Being able to sweat so the air evaporates it makes you feel cool vs blowing hot air over your skin through mesh. There's a guy I follow on YouTube who rode across the US and up into Alaska with his buddies in the middle of summer and he does a great video about the differences between mesh vs solid riding gear. They got rid of their mesh gear. He explains, much like people who live in desert climates, being covered is cooler.

Aerostich has discount sales of suits they made for people that don't fit so they resell them. You get a new suit at a discount. They screwed up my first suit, so I'm sure they sold it in one of their fire sales. Unfortunately, I don't have a "standard" shape, so the popup event in Cherry Hill last October was the best way to go to get fully measured for a custom suit.
====================
Current Stable:
'14 BMW R1200RT
'08 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
'96 BMW R850R
'79 BMW R65

need2boat

Post by need2boat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:33 am

I looked at buying one used as well but after going to a fitting at the cherry hill pop up store figured I'd just order a new one. It's a wear item and I'd have it for a wile it also depends on how well the stock sizes fit you. I could have used a little shorter inseam in the legs but other then rotating the shoulders mine is stock.

I went with the standard weight suit no liner and I've worn it home from work on a few 90+ days and I'm not sugar coating it. it's fucking hot slabbing it down Rt1 and 295. That said I bought it be safe and well I can take a shower when I get home. I'm sure the light weight is a bit cooler but in my mind. what you give up in the weight doesn't equal what you give up but I have no testing behind that. I don't wear it every time I ride but it's got it's advantage over just a jacket or jacket and pants for sure.

I've had it most of this year and just had the zipper pull break on the long zipper. I took a few pics and emailed but haven't heard anything back but I contacted the persons I bought it from and they may not be with the company. As Ron and other pointed out. They stand behind what they sell and I'm not worried. I'd just like to keep it for another month or so as I like to wear it on the ride to work.

Joe